WBCE Home | WBCE Hilfe | WBCE Addon Repository | Impressum | Datenschutz

WBCE Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

You are not logged in.

#1 16.04.2016 00:00:55

norhei
Chefentwickler

About Templates and new Functionality.

In 1.2.x templates willl have new placeholders that allow a lot of new possibilities.  As this is a new feature, this features naturally won't work whith WB Classic.  What i know is that if you remove the new placeholders and put in the old ones (frontend_functions()) most templates will still run whith classic.

Besides from that, every new feature we add won't run on WB Classic. E.g. backend modules for preferences and settings certainly won't run whith Classic, cause classic does not support such a module type. As communication whith Classic has prooven a waste of time, Classic may or may not adapt new features.  But i can not stop developing WBCE  because of that.

Just wanted to make this clear.
Btw. comments should be open on this thread.

#2 16.04.2016 08:57:24

florian
Administrator

Re: About Templates and new Functionality.

Btw. comments should be open on this thread.

So they are.

So the first comment will put the finger into the flesh: will old templates still work with 1.2 without modification? Or will there be the need for re-working templates of existing sites before migrating them to 1.2.x?

Beside of this, I'm of course glad to hear that development goes on and I'm looking forward for the new possibilties of 1.2.

WBCE. Way Better Content Editing.
Immer wieder nützlich für Support: Addon File Editor | System Information

#3 16.04.2016 12:33:34

norhei
Chefentwickler

Yess , Frontend functions are still there and still functional. Maybe i move them to a module. But this schould have absolutely no effect on templates.
So NO rework.

Liked by:

thanks

#4 08.01.2017 01:45:34

stefanek

As of the current revision of the development, there is no need anymore to change the template files in order for the new functionality to have effect in the frontend.

No templates will need to be specially converted in order to have all the benefits of running WBCE 1.2.x
This means, all your templates you created before 1.2. or templates you download from someplace (like wbce.at) will work after upgrade.

I thought this is a good news for some who had any concerns about the upcomming release.

Kind regards,
Christian

Last edited by stefanek (08.01.2017 01:58:15)

°\_(ツ)_/¯ Life is fun when you create!

Liked by:

thanks

#5 15.01.2017 19:55:11

thanks

stefanek wrote:

I thought this is a good news for some who had any concerns about the upcomming release.Christian

Yes, this is a good news thumb_up  smile

Liked by:

stefanek

Board footer