WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 15.06.2017 16:26:11

grindbatzn
Gast

Tiny Newsletter 0.3.8

Wer es noch nicht per Newsletter erfahren hat:

Ich habe die Version 0.3.8 zu den Downloads gestellt.
https://wbce.at/downloads/tiny_newsletter.zip

Ein aktuelles VIdeo dazu gibt es hier:
https://wbce.at/de/topics/tiny-newsletter-hilfe.php

Aus meiner SIcht ist das Modul jetzt uneingeschränkt brauchbar. Natürlich wird es noch Verbesserungen geben, wenn wo was anliegt.

Liked by:

cwsoft, florian, bernd, better-work, thanks

#2 15.06.2017 16:47:38

florian
Administrator

Re: Tiny Newsletter 0.3.8

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 15.06.2017 17:15:24

grindbatzn
Gast

Super, Danke.
Ich mach bei Gelegenheit mal Screenshots mit mehr Daten drin.

#4 03.07.2017 01:00:11

meetje
Mitglied

Just one question,
when I buy the Module, on how many websites am I allowed to use it?
When I speak for myself: I find it a beautiful piece of software and I understand that this is a very complicated script and therefore it's reasonable for the authors to ask a fee, even if it's € 100,-.  I'm glad to do that if it were my own website. But my clients say: I can use MailChimp (or so) for free, why should I pay for a newsletter module? I can hardly deny that. But I'm confident that I can summarize some benefits and that they will order an instance  if I can ask a smaller fee. € 100,- seems too much for them to pay and therefore too much for me to ask to pay. And my  quote will be too high if I'd do that.  That's the (only) reason for my question.

#5 03.07.2017 03:16:42

bernd
Developer

Hi meetje,

about the height of the fee and the usage of a bought "license" only grindbatz can say something.

But my "killer" argument for

I can use MailChimp (or so) for free, why should I pay for a newsletter module?

is: "you don't have to give the email-adresses ( == a part of your business capital) to someone else ..."

... nein in Europa verwenden wir beim Programmieren nicht € statt $ ...

#6 03.07.2017 23:25:46

meetje
Mitglied

I understand, I only don't know how important this is for my clients.  I doubt it. But beside that: if they ask how it costs, I have to give an answer so I hope Grindbatzn will shed some light on this.

#7 04.07.2017 08:46:34

grindbatzn
Gast

There will be no judge.

But what will your clients clients say, if their data is given to mailchimp (A company in the USA)?
Did they agree to this in your clients Terms of Condition? Did your clients even tell them?
Do you think, that Mailchimp does its service really for free?

Beitrag geändert von grindbatzn (04.07.2017 08:48:23)

#8 04.07.2017 09:16:41

meetje
Mitglied

Thanks, good point! You're right.

#9 04.07.2017 09:21:51

florian
Administrator

Mailchimp is not totally free. The free plan is restricted in amount of subscribers and mails and afaik in every mail there will be probably a reference to Mailchimp. Furthermore, your customers have to get used to another tool and have to store another login and either you or your customers have to spend some time to create a newsletter template.

So I don't know what your hourly fee is, but 100 € are probably the price for around 1,5 to 2 hours of work. If your customers are so mean that they are not even willing to pay such a ridiculous amount, you still can "hide" the costs by billing more working hours (what is legit, because the newsletter tool has to be configured anyway).

It might be a compromize (the decision has to be done by Grindbatzn) if you contribute to the module instead of buying it. For example you could provide a Dutch translation or another newsletter template(s).

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

Liked by:

meetje, grindmobil, thanks

Fußzeile des Forums

up