WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 27.05.2018 00:20:57

llewellyna
Mitglied

Website not displaying anything

Hi just installed WBCE (twice)
First time it worked brilliantly for a while -- then back end works perfectly but the actual site is totally blank  can anybody offer a suggestion please.

#2 27.05.2018 05:39:04

florian
Administrator

Re: Website not displaying anything

Hello and welcome,
this might be an issue with the frontend template. Do you use one of the default ones or an own template?
Also, it depends on the modules you are using on the site. Does the error appear in general or only on certain sites/pages?
Did your webhoster change anything (PHP version, server OS, webserver software)?

Please switch on Error reporting in the WBCE backend (at "options") and look if any messages are displayed in the frontend.
If possible, check also if there are error logs on the server.
If there are any error messages, post them here (but make sure not to post too much information, e.g. remove path/directory / URL information).

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 27.05.2018 23:08:00

llewellyna
Mitglied

Hi Florian thanks for answering.
On first install it worked perfectly with default template and with fragstan  template -- I switched back to default and all was still working.
What appeared to go wrong was I was editing a page and while still editing pressed view -- from that point on nothing comes up on the site.
Then I removed the site from the server and recreated the site and did a full fresh install (everything) and to my surprise still nothing .
all files look ok in FTP window index.php ( and everything else necessary looks to be there)
Now sorry:- I am sure nothing has changed on the server , I also must have the wrong version because there is no options to switch error reporting on.

Nothing in error logs on the server (they appear to be empty)
Thanks

#4 28.05.2018 06:39:50

florian
Administrator

Regarding the error reporting: sorry, I meant Settings > Show advanced options > PHP Error Reporting Level. Set this to "Show all errors and warnings (development)". Once there, you can scroll down the page and check the settings for files and directories, this should be set to 0644 / 0755 (usually).

It would be helpful if you could provide some more information:
- which WBCE version,
- which PHP version,
- do you use shortURL,
- do you have a .htaccess file in the root with rewrite rules etc.,
- what kind of environment (server/local installation).

#5 28.05.2018 06:59:23

llewellyna
Mitglied

Ok

Files set to 0640  directories 0750     --   ( I suppose this is the problem -- have not seen these settings before)

WBCE 1.3.1
PHP 5.5.38
Short URL ? (have not set anything about url's)
.htaccess   -- Currently not   -- I can easily make one if required
I rent space on madrooster.com
And allocate that space to about 12 of my websites.
all Linux environment both here and on the server.

I have been used website baker on most -- but there are a couple of ballroom dancing ones -- which the update on wb will ruin ( i have tested it)  so I came here -- it looked fantastic until this happened -- and back end is fantastic --

#6 28.05.2018 07:05:41

florian
Administrator

Yes, this might be the issue.
First, set the access rights to 0644 (files) / 0755 (directories).
This is not applied for existing files automatically, so upload the fix permissions tool from here into the root of your website and run the script (it's quite old, but it still works). Don't forget to delete the script when finished.
If the problem still exists, please send me FTP and backend access data by PM or to support@wbce.org, I will have a closer look then.

#7 28.05.2018 07:08:04

llewellyna
Mitglied

Thanks -- sounds and looks like it

#8 28.05.2018 07:26:25

llewellyna
Mitglied

Nope -- sent  email -- thanks

Fußzeile des Forums

up