WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 30.11.2015 23:34:34

mux
Mitglied

Topics and otherthings doesn't work

Hi,
just trying out wbce. Some things not working well:

- topics module does not work. When clicking on "add" in backend no editor is appearing to add new text, just nothing.
As I have also with wb big problems since mysql software was upgraded to 5.6 (I think, the one with strict mode changes) I think this might be the reason for the problem...
- accordion module: input works, but toggling don't. Can open all items but they don't close automatically (only one item open in accordion mode)
changing preference from accordion to toggle and vv doesn't work, no saving changed option.
-download gallery: can't add files (saving does not work)
- extcal: when adding extcal as section to a page, it's not shown in backend nor all following sections

regards

Beitrag geändert von mux (01.12.2015 00:29:27)

#2 01.12.2015 00:28:48

florian
Administrator

Re: Topics and otherthings doesn't work

These are no general errors. I have several WBCE instances with topics working well. It might be indeed a mysql strict problem.
If the toggling of accordion in the frontend does not work, check if the register_frontend_modfiles-lines are included to the template.
The backend troubles sound like a strict mode problem too.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 01.12.2015 00:31:15

mux
Mitglied

I'm still testing one module after another and nearly all don't work correctly...I think this is not good - a cms should work with latest database software...

#4 01.12.2015 00:40:07

mux
Mitglied

more strange things happen: have a page with some different moduls as sections (one4all, procalendar, mpform, wysiwyg). After filling out some spam protection code in frontend (don't know which section produced this spam protection) my page disappeared completly! I was wondering why because in the backend it still exists. Then I noticed that the page was changed from a php.file to a directory! In this directory a new file sdf-0.php has been created...

Beitrag geändert von mux (01.12.2015 00:42:21)

#5 01.12.2015 00:42:08

florian
Administrator

It's not the fault of the cms. The reason is the outdated code of most modules. Currently we can only recommend not to use WBCE on webspaces which are running in mysql strict mode.
Actually, you will encounter problems with most other cm systems too.

#6 01.12.2015 00:46:11

mux
Mitglied

I think it would be important to give information about this problem. So if the basic systems runs in strict mode, then there should be hints for each non-working module which is linked on your webpage. I came from wb with same problems and hoped to find an alternative here

#7 01.12.2015 00:49:43

florian
Administrator

About the disappearing page. This could be caused by Oneforall, at least an older version of the module hss this bug, although I thought it would be fixed in ghe current version.
The captcha is generated by mpform.
Generally spoken it is not a so good idea to check three of the most complex modules on the same page. I would not expect that this will work even under "normal" constitutions, e.g. no mysql strict mode. Specially procalendar is not meant to be combined with other modules which generate own child pages the same page. (Forget the last sentence)

Beitrag geändert von florian (02.12.2015 10:58:42)

#8 01.12.2015 00:53:36

florian
Administrator

mux schrieb:

I think it would be important to give information about this problem. So if the basic systems runs in strict mode, then there should be hints for each non-working module which is linked on your webpage. I came from wb with same problems and hoped to find an alternative here

We know about this problem, but as it is a large effort to fix it, there will be no immediate solution.
https://github.com/WBCE/WebsiteBaker_Co … /issues/63

#9 01.12.2015 01:08:02

mux
Mitglied

I think the strict mode can only be turned off for the whole server not for single databases, can't it? Thus, there would not be anything I could do against this mode and its problems...

#10 01.12.2015 01:29:41

florian
Administrator

It depends on your webhoster. We had a similar case and there the customer asked his webhost support to switch it off, which was no problem at all. If it is your server, you have to change it in the my.conf, but yes, this seems to be a global configuration. (Just guessing,  I'm not familar with these things at all)

#11 01.12.2015 16:06:22

grindbatzn
Gast

Usually the SQL-Strict Mode wasnt an active choice by the Hoster, it just "happend". (maybe Default Settings)
Ask your hoster to turn it off. You will not be the first one.

#12 02.12.2015 00:10:36

marmot
Mitglied

florian schrieb:

Specially procalendar is not meant to be combined with other modules which generate own child pages the same page.

could you report about the experienced problems?

#13 02.12.2015 11:00:55

florian
Administrator

could you report about the experienced problems?

My mistake. I vaguely reminded some problems about heaving WYSIWYG+Calendar sections on the same page or something this way in former time. It's of no relevance.

#14 02.12.2015 14:39:13

mux
Mitglied

I spoke with my webhoster.  He said  I can temporarily turn off the strict mode by calling the referring order directly after the database connection is established. And this must be done each time when opening a database connection. So I think I should include some code within the class-database.php.  But I really have no idea how and what code to insert.  Maybe someone can help?

#15 02.12.2015 21:23:32

marmot
Mitglied

mux schrieb:

Maybe someone can help?

in class.database.php around line 67 find

[== PHP ==]
$this->db_name = DB_NAME;
$this->connected = true;

right after this insert

[== PHP ==]
mysqli_query($this->db_handle,"SET @@sql_mode=''");

#16 03.12.2015 09:37:54

mux
Mitglied

Thanks!

#17 04.12.2015 03:38:40

norhei
Developer

Great one!  Marmotthats a  good idea , i have been completely snowblind.  Possibly this won't work on every server but its a very good quick solution.
(I am pretty sure there is a way to turn off setting this from inside PHP and some silly hosters may do that tongue )
What do you think of fetching the mode first and only remove strict mode ?

http://www.sqlines.com/mysql/sql_mode

#18 04.12.2015 17:13:56

marmot
Mitglied

norhei schrieb:

What do you think of fetching the mode first and only remove strict mode ?

depends on the point of view:
- if you want minimal changes > good idea
- if you think other settings may cause problems too > not so good

Fußzeile des Forums

up