WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 22.10.2019 02:56:36

losttrip
Mitglied

News with Images Anywhere doesn't show Read More unless Long content

I have some posts which do not have any content in the Content Long Text box, but do have some photos in the gallery.

In News with Images, the Read More link appears in this case because I assume the check must look for Content Long OR images

<span style="visibility:[SHOW_READ_MORE];"><a href="[LINK]">[TEXT_READ_MORE]</a></span>

But in News with Images Anywhere, the Read More link does not appear because the Template looks for"news.CONTENT_LONG" and since there is nothing in the Content Long it skips the Read More link.

{% if news.CONTENT_LONG %}
				<a href="{{ news.LINK }}">{{ lang.TXT_READMORE }}</a>
			{% endif %}

Is there a way to make Anywhere check or both Content Long AND Images in the photo gallery?

#2 22.10.2019 06:54:14

florian
Administrator

Re: News with Images Anywhere doesn't show Read More unless Long content

I see the problem.

1. The really quick&dirty solution: Just hit Return one time in the long text field and save.

2. You can either change the lines in the /modules/news_img_anywhere/templates/display_mode_1.htt (or the template you use)

{% endif %}

to

This leads to that the read more link is always displayed, even if there's neither a long text nor there are gallery images.

3. To avoid this, you have to apply changes to the news_img_anywhere/include.php file too:

In the /modules/news_img_anywhere/include.php, after

$nimage = $row['image'];
if ($row['image']!='' && file_exists(WB_PATH . MEDIA_DIRECTORY . '/.news_img/'.$row['post_id'].'/' . $nimage)) {
	$nimage =  WB_URL . MEDIA_DIRECTORY . '/.news_img/'.$row['post_id'].'/' . $nimage;
}

add

$hasgalleryimages = false;
$sql_result = $database->query("SELECT * FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."mod_news_img_img WHERE post_id = ".$row['post_id']);
$anz_post_img = $sql_result->numRows();
if ($anz_post_img>0) {$hasgalleryimages=true;}

after

'IMAGE'              => $nimage,

add

'HASGALLERYIMAGES'	 => $hasgalleryimages

in the /modules/news_img_anwhere/templates/display_mode_1.htt (or the template you use) change

to

{% if (news.CONTENT_LONG or news.HASGALLERYIMAGES) %}

So the read more link will also appear if there is no long text, but gallery images.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

Liked by:

giz, losttrip

#3 22.10.2019 14:33:05

losttrip
Mitglied

I chose option three and it works beautifully.  Thank you!

I had already considered option 1, but telling clients they have to hit return in a blank text box would likely just lead to future headaches... because they wouldn't remember to do it.

I tried option 2 already, but clicking Read More on a post with no long content, would lead to a page with nothing more than duplicate content which is not a good user experience.

So, I am very happy you took the time to provide a full solution.  Perhaps this could be considered as part of the next version?

-------------

A quick note - I initially went to edit the include.php file through cwsoft-addon-file-editor and the editor showed no content:
ed0ad4cd039700f999afe87a511ca415.png

I then went into the file on my server and the content was there.  Any idea why the cwsoft-addon-file-editor  wouldn't show the content of include.php?

#4 22.10.2019 15:58:45

webbird
Administrator

Just as a side note, I created an issue for NWI (not "Anywhere") to fix it there, too.

Ich habe eine Amazon-Wishlist. wink Oder spende an das Projekt.
Ich kann, wenn ich will, aber wer will, dass ich muss, kann mich mal

Liked by:

losttrip

#5 22.10.2019 16:31:28

florian
Administrator

A quick note - I initially went to edit the include.php file through cwsoft-addon-file-editor and the editor showed no content:

The NIA files are saved in ANSI charset instead of UTF-8 unfortunately, and the AFE fails to load them.

#6 23.10.2019 06:35:29

florian
Administrator

I've published a bugfix release 0.1.2 with all files converted to UTF-8 and the changes to the include.php / display_mode_1.htt mentioned above.

Liked by:

webbird, losttrip

#7 09.03.2020 21:57:29

losttrip
Mitglied

I just upgraded NWI anywhere from 0.1.2 to 0.3 (from the AOR - https://addons.wbce.org/pages/addons.ph … m&item=115 ) and 0.3 doesn't seem to have the $hasgalleryimages fixes you implemented.  So, once again, when I have ONLY a gallery on the details page, there is no "read more" link on the overview page.

#8 10.03.2020 07:25:01

florian
Administrator

Pls find the fixed version in the AOR

Liked by:

losttrip

#9 10.03.2020 17:53:17

losttrip
Mitglied

Thank you for your effort.  Works as expected.   thumb_up

Fußzeile des Forums

up