WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 30.05.2020 08:25:17

keepshango
Mitglied

[solved] Sections of horizontal accordion header ?

Hi,

*** MY ENVIRONMENT ***
Machine : Remote VPS SSD 2 (ovh)
System : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Webserver : Apache2
Database server : Mysql

I wish is to create and administrate a family website,  and the “Acourdesz“ template best matches the design that I have in mind for this purpose.

*** Qs ***
I have been searching in the backend and looking at files under path “web/templates/acourdesz/info.php“, but I can’t figure out :

• How to add photo and text section to “Acourdesz“ horizontal accordion header

• How to re-organise the “Acourdesz“ horizontal accordion header  (moving section left or right)

• How to have a chosen section from “Acourdesz“ horizontal accordion header automatically showing when home page is visited

May someone guide me through ?
Should I not rather translate all above text into German language and create a topic under the forum “Frontend-Templates“ section ?

Regards,

Beitrag geändert von keepshango (02.06.2020 14:07:48)

#2 30.05.2020 08:39:15

florian
Administrator

Re: [solved] Sections of horizontal accordion header ?

There's a readme included which hopefully answers most of your questions:

Get started - its easy:

Prepare some images
width: 210px
height: 200px

Open the directory templates/acourdesz/page-pics-named

Name the images like:
sorter-page_id-the-rest.jpg

e.g:
a-2-my-page-no-2.jpg
z-56-this-image-is-the-last.jpg

Notes:
The extension MUST be .jpg (exactly! Not .jpeg, NOT .JPG)
There should be at least 4 images and max 16.

The template doesn't care about page-visibility (public, hidden, private,..)

I guess the slide order in the header is dependent to the "sorter" part of the filenames.
I guess furthermore that always the slide of the current page is opened and there is no way to define another slide to open.

Please notice: I have never worked with that template before (and, to be honest, I'm not willing to step deeper into it). For me, it looks quite complicated, and I'm not sure if it really is useable for a family website. Maybe you should look for something less complex in the WBCE Template Repository.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 30.05.2020 09:17:21

keepshango
Mitglied

Hi,

I was meaning that even default images in directory templates/acourdesz/page-pics-named, with correct “.jpg“ extension are not showing in default landing page : the accordion header is empty !

I should have asked my previous question differently !

• How to have even the default accordion header content displayed in default landing page ?

• Or what may prevent this default content to be displayed ?

Regards

#4 30.05.2020 09:39:49

florian
Administrator

The pictures in the template are named corresponding to the page ids of the demo page wbce.at/tpls.
Since there are probably no pages with equal IDs on your site (the smallest ID of the included picture file names is 17), no or less than 4 images are found and so the slider is not shown.

What you have to do:
1) Create 4 or more pages and check out their page ID.
Assuming the page IDs (if you have installed WBCE from the scratch) are 1, 2, 3, 4:
2) change the file name of the demo pics to a-1-example.jpg, b-2-test.jpg, c-3-whatever.jpg, d-4-blablabla.jpg. The first letter is for the sorting, the part between the dashes is the page ID, the last part seems to be nothing more than an internal reminder and can bee anything.
3) Go to the page settings of each page which appears in the slider and enter a page description, this is shown as subline to the headline in the slider.

attachment.php?item=2441&download=1

Beitrag geändert von florian (30.05.2020 09:48:20)

#5 31.05.2020 00:42:11

keepshango
Mitglied

It works fine, thanks.

I was able to add my website description in French to the first-left section of  “Acourdesz“ accordion header, but hypertext link showing under description is in English “read more“, instead of French “En savoir plus“, and I found none target option to page of choice in page property settings….

I do not understand why, since all pages language property is set to french, and I found the following record in web/languages/FR.php :

$TEXT['READ_MORE'] = 'En savoir plus’;

*** Q1-2 ***
If not from within page property, nor from “FR.php“ file, where from may I change this hypertext link to “En savoir plus“ ?
Where from may I change settings to have this hypertext link opening a chosen web page ?

*** Q3 ***
How to have a chosen section from “Acourdesz“ accordion header automatically showing when home page is visited ?

Regards,

#6 31.05.2020 05:05:56

florian
Administrator

Q1:
1) open /templates/acourdesz/accordion/accordion.inc.php
2) change line 5 to your needs

Q2: the read more / En savoir plus is always linked to the URL of the corresponding page.
If you need an external link in the slider, create a menu link page and show that page in the slider. (See screenshot attaced)

Q3: assuming your homepage has the Page-ID 1 and you'd like to show there the 3rd panel by default:
open /templates/acourdesz/accordion/accordion.inc.php
change line 116

selectedli: [0, true], //[selectedli_index, persiststate_bool]

to

<?php if (PAGE_ID==1) { ?>
selectedli: [2, false], //[selectedli_index, persiststate_bool]
<?php } else { ?>
selectedli: [0, false], //[selectedli_index, persiststate_bool]
<?php } ?>

#7 31.05.2020 10:26:03

keepshango
Mitglied

Very clear, thanks

*** back to Q3 ***
What to change the page ID setting record with, if I rather wish that whatever page is visited, the first-left section of the accordion  (descripting the home page) get automatically displayed ?

#8 31.05.2020 12:17:11

florian
Administrator

in that case, just change mentioned line 116 to

selectedli: [0, false], //[selectedli_index, persiststate_bool]

#9 01.06.2020 14:51:10

keepshango
Mitglied

Hi,

Further to some testing (sorry, I could have done so before...), I noticed that there is finally no need to change any settings : whatever the page URL being targed for a new connection to website,first-left section of the accordion header gets automatically displayed.

Thanks anyway

#10 01.06.2020 18:15:28

florian
Administrator

I'm not sure about this. The 2nd parameter true/false manages the accordion section persistence. That means, if that parameter is set to true and  you leave a page viewing the 2nd accordion section and then go back to the homepage, again the 2nd section and not the desired 1st one will be displayed by default.

#11 02.06.2020 14:05:51

keepshango
Mitglied

You were right !

Thanks.

Liked by:

florian

Fußzeile des Forums

up