Mitglied

[solved] How to render template menu tabs unclickable

Hi,

*** MY ENVIRONMENT ***
Machine : Remote VPS SSD 2 (ovh)
System : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Webserver : Apache2
Database server : Mysql

I wish is to create and administrate a family website,  and the “Acourdesz“ template best matches the design that I have in mind for this purpose.

All tabs in the main menu and all sub-tabs in drop down menus are by default clickable to target default pages.
I wish to know how to make unclickable main menu tabs and all sub-tabs that expands a drop down menu, so that it prevents visitors to be redirected to pages with none content.

I found a reply that was returned in 2018 to one another user that was facing the same issue (viewtopic.php?id=2005), but I did not find kind of file within which it was suggested to change some settings to solve the issue.

What may the solution be today ?

Regards

Beitrag geändert von florian (02.06.2020 09:29:07)

#2 01.06.2020 19:32:24

florian
Administrator

Re: [solved] How to render template menu tabs unclickable

I've moved the question to the template thread, since this requires modifying the menu call in the template, which can be different according to the choosen template.
In the current case (template "acourdesz"), change the line

show_menu2(1, SM2_ROOT, SM2_ALL, SM2_ALL, '<li class="lev[level]  [class]"><a href="[url]" class="pid[page_id] [class]"><span>[menu_title]</span></a>', "</li>", '<ul>', "</ul>", true, '<ul id="header_menu" class="menu">');

to

show_menu2(1, SM2_ROOT, SM2_ALL, SM2_ALL, '<li class="lev[level]  [class]"><a [if(class==menu-expand) {href="javascript:void(0)"} else { href="[url]" }] class="pid[page_id] [class]"><span>[menu_title]</span></a>', "</li>", '<ul>', "</ul>", true, '<ul id="header_menu" class="menu">');

By the way, your server environement is less interesting than the PHP an WBCE version you use, and it would be also okay if you use the bold tag less often. No offense.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 01.06.2020 23:34:10

keepshango
Mitglied

Hi,

Thanks to have moved my post to the right place..., and for advices upon proper post writing expectations….

That said, may you please indicates what file contains such the string you are pointing above and where is this file located,  so I can apply required changes ? I have been searching in some files within the “acourdesz“ directory with no success !

By the way, If such change is applied, will only tabs that expands a drop down menu be affected and made unclickable ?

Regards,

#4 02.06.2020 06:46:28

florian
Administrator

it's in templates/acourdesz/index.php and it will affect any menu entry with child pages, e.g.

page1 <- clickable
page2 <- not clickable
- page2 child1 <- clickable
- page2 child2 <- clickable
- page2 child3 <- not clickable
-- page2 child3 child1 <- clickable
-- page2 child3 child2 <- clickable
- page2 child4 <- clickable
page3 <- clickable
etc...

#5 02.06.2020 08:53:50

keepshango
Mitglied

Thank you

I see no “close topic“ button, so how a topic ends in this forum ?

#6 02.06.2020 09:31:20

florian
Administrator

Usually, topics are not closed. When a question is answered, a [solved] remark can be added to the topic title (edit your opening first post). I've done it now here.

Fußzeile des Forums

up