WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 23.12.2022 17:58:36

mikejd
Mitglied

Adding phpBB forum

Is it possible to integrate a phpBB forum so that it appears as part of the site? has anyone tried this?

#2 27.12.2022 17:25:57

florian
Administrator

Re: Adding phpBB forum

I don't think it's possible. I've never seen a phpBB forum merged into another site. Since every action (searching in the forum, reading a topic, posting, replying etc.) loads a new URL/page,  there's no way to wrap it into a cms driven website except from ugly iframes.
Another way could be trying to adapt the look & feel (&navigation) of the corresponding website to the forum template, but this will be probably quite an effort too, probably it's nearly impossible, at least most phpBB forums even stick to the default template (the blueish one with the round corners).

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 27.12.2022 19:04:06

stefanek
Developer

I remember a few years ago the Vanilla Forum supplied a solution like this, based on Javascript. You were able to insert the forum into the site using Javascript and while browsing the forum even the URL would change.
I don't know if they still supply the solution, but you can have a look on their sites.
Vanilla Forum has become a huge platform by now.

Best regards,
Christian

“Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.” ― Earl Nightingale

#4 27.12.2022 19:30:25

mikejd
Mitglied

I posted a similar question on the phpBB forum. Someone suggested copying the header and footer into the forum template might be the way to go. I've been thinking about it and I'm going to give it a try. I'll post here with any progress. I plan to install the forum in a sub-domain so it's a separate site but linked.

#5 27.12.2022 19:48:22

stefanek
Developer

Alright, fingers crossed. Good luck.
smile

Christian

“Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal.” ― Earl Nightingale

Fußzeile des Forums

up