WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 02.01.2023 19:24:16

mikejd
Mitglied

Forum module

Does anyone have experience of using this module? @misc. @kant @bernd, may be able to help as the listed authors.

I am looking at adding a forum to my website. To test the waters, before committing to a full-blown installation I would like to try this. It may, in fact, be all that I need.

I have questions about user registration. I would like threads to be readable by all but only contributed to by registered users. If I add a login/registration  can I set these users to a group which only accesses the forum or will they be able to access any registered area of the website? Does anyone have an example of a login to put on the page?

Any help appreciated.

#2 02.01.2023 20:28:20

Slugger
Mitglied

Re: Forum module

Entschuldige dass ich auf deutsch antworte,

Grundsätzlich ist alles eine Frage wie viel man in daß Projekt investieren muss.

Es ist immer eine zweckmäßige Entscheidung zwischen Geld und daß was man möchte.

Du musst es nur einfach formieren, dann bekommst du eine Aussage was geht.

Hoster: ALL-INKL *** Grundsätzliche WBCE Konfig ***
WBCE: 1.5.4 • BE: 2.1.0 • PHP: 8.1.16 * 1. Projekt: FE: Simple responsive • BE: Argos * 2. Projekt: FE: hortal • BE: Argos * 3. Projekt: FE: WBCEZon • BE: Argos * 4. Projekt: FE: WBCETik • BE: Argos
Status Projekt 1-4:  OK

#3 03.01.2023 09:10:58

florian
Administrator

Du musst es nur einfach formieren, dann bekommst du eine Aussage was geht.

@Slugger: Hat er doch

@mikejd

[1] I would like threads to be readable by all but only contributed to by registered users.
[2] If I add a login/registration  can I set these users to a group which only accesses the forum or will they be able to access any registered area of the website?
[3] Does anyone have an example of a login to put on the page?

1) This should be possible, you can configure that forums/threads  are read-/writeable either only for registered users and/or for everyone.
Access configuration is a bit tricky. The users which should be able to post need to be member of a WBCE user group, e.g. the forum has no own user management, but uses the WBCE access controls. So you need a certain group. The access rights of this group need to be very restricted, the only checkmarks for this group may be set to "forum" and the used frontend theme.

1), 2) Does not work properly. You need to set administrative permissions for the page with the forum section to the user group which should be able to post. But this means that these users could also modify/delete the forum page itself.
So forget it.
3) This would have been done with the usual WBCE login form (which is already included in some templates or can be generated by the droplet [[loginform]]), but due to the issue mentioned above it makes no sense either.
Furthermore, if you currently access the forum not logged in and then use the login form, a "blank page" error appears.

So unfortunately I can't recommend using the forum module - it seems to be buggy or outdated (@bernd, @kant - no offense).

Beside of this, you should re-think if founding a new forum makes sense in general. It's very hard to gain a "critical mass" of users nowadays - if there are no active discussions, no users will register, and if no users register, there will be no discussions. Some years ago I tried to establish an english only forum for WBCE on wbce-cms.org (using myBB), but after 6 months I still had less than 10 users, so I skipped it.

Beitrag geändert von florian (03.01.2023 09:12:14)

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#4 03.01.2023 10:58:56

mikejd
Mitglied

Thanks for your advice @florian. I had reservations myself about the viability of a forum but I am trying to find ways of building connection with our local community and getting some feedback from residents. We do have a FaceBook group but I don't have a FB account so don't follow this. Back to the drawing board.

#5 07.12.2023 11:57:51

erich
Mitglied

Hello everyone here

Writing posts is only possible as an administrator, I've found that out now that I'm almost finished.

So that means that the forum plugin is completely broken and the best thing I can do is install another external forum, right?

Shouldn't the plugin then be removed from WBCE's download selection?

#6 07.12.2023 14:03:49

Slugger
Mitglied

Wie kommst du darauf?

https://planet-pp.de/pages/forum.php

Habe hier WBCE 1.5.4 ... und das am laufen

Server version - 10.5.22-MariaDB-1:10.5.22+maria~ubu2004-log
Host info - Localhost via UNIX socket
Protocol version    10
Client info - mysqlnd 8.1.22
Client encoding    utf8

WBCE: 1.5.4 • BE: 2.1.0 • PHP: 8.1.16 * 1. Projekt: FE: Simple responsive • BE: Argos * 2. Projekt: FE: hortal • BE: Argos * 3. Projekt: FE: WBCEZon • BE: Argos * 4. Projekt: FE: WBCETik • BE: Argos

#7 07.12.2023 14:30:29

erich
Mitglied

Weil ich die gleichen Probleme habe die oben angesprochen sind.

Du hast also eine veraltete Version...
Aktuell ist WBCE 1.6.1

Beitrag geändert von erich (07.12.2023 14:31:23)

#8 07.12.2023 15:38:52

Slugger
Mitglied

Was steht in der Error log Datei bei dir, damit der Fehler behoben werden kann

#9 07.12.2023 16:04:52

erich
Mitglied

Welcher Fehler.  Ich kann nur schreiben wenn der User admin ist wie oben beschrieben.
Ein Einstellung auf eine spezielle Usergruppe zieht da nicht.
Hab das plugin wieder deinstalliert nachdem ich da stunden versenkt habe bin ich jetzt auf ein phpbb umgestiegen. Was zwar ein wenig zu groß für das gedachte ist aber dann so funktioniert wie ich will.

#10 13.12.2023 12:25:18

florian
Administrator

Mir wurde zugetragen, dass es im Github-Repo die Versionen 0.6.7 als Release und 0.6.8 als work in progress gibt
https://github.com/AMASP-workbench/wb-forum

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

Fußzeile des Forums

up