WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 23.05.2016 12:51:10

rjgamer
Developer

Fraggy Backend Theme v1.x

Fraggy Backend Theme

Responsives Template für den Adminbereich von WBCE. Hier findest du den neusten Release vom Fraggy Backend Theme.

example-2.0.0.png

Du kannst den neusten Release (exkl. Source Code) des Fraggy Backend Themes vom offiziellen GitHub Repository herunterladen. Für alle Webdesigner und Entwickler gibt es natürlich auch einen Source Code Release.

Bitte die Anleitung in der README für das eigene Logo und Favicon lesen! Neu können die Bilder auch direkt im Medien-Ordner oder sogar in das Hauptverzeichnis der WBCE-Installation hochgeladen werden. Mit diesem Lösungsansatz und der Fraggy-eigenen API wird das erneute Hinzufügen nach einer Aktualisierung hinfällig. thumb_up

Gemäss README wird für Fraggy Backend Theme zwingend die Version 1.3.1 von WBCE oder neuer vorausgesetzt. Ältere Versionen von WBCE werden nicht mehr unterstützt.

Die Entfernung des "Designed by"-Vermerks sowie den Links zu neoflow.ch und wbce.org ist lizenzrechtlich verboten!

------------------

Spenden sind immer Willkommen (gerade bei der kommerziellen Verwendung) und halten meine Motivation aufrecht bei der Weiterentwicklung des Fraggy Backend Themes. wink

Sofern erwünscht, wird der Spender jeweils namentlich in der Readme erwähnt und mit einer Webseite seiner Wahl verlinkt. Siehe hier die Liste aller Spender:
https://github.com/Neoflow/Fraggy-Backend-Theme#author

Jetzt Spenden via PayPal oder PN an mich für weitere Details zur Banküberweisung.

Danke für eure Unterstützung!

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (07.02.2018 07:33:22)

#2 23.05.2016 15:52:38

florian
Administrator

Re: Fraggy Backend Theme v1.x

Looks promising.
By the way, in 1.2 we will support different icons for option sections (Grundeinstellungen) and admin tools.
Therefor, in the info.php of the module a new variable is set, e.g.

$module_icon        = 'fa fa-ban';

In the backend template of the overview page, you just add

<i class="<?php echo $tool['icon'];?>" ></i>

Perhaps you like to make use of this too.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 23.05.2016 15:57:04

rjgamer
Developer

Hi,

thanks. I will use it when V1.2 will be final. But are the .htt template files are really rendered like PHP files?

rjgamer

#4 23.05.2016 16:03:51

florian
Administrator

The BE pages are as far as I can see currently not built by .htt files (see https://github.com/WBCE/WebsiteBaker_Co … templates), but I'm not the right person to ask about technical details smile

#5 24.05.2016 11:03:57

rjgamer
Developer

Media admin page created but not tested yet cool

Screenshots:

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (30.05.2016 21:36:39)

#6 24.05.2016 12:33:35

cwsoft
Mitglied

@rjgamer: Looks very promising. Responsive backend design is a big pro - at least for myself as I tend to edit more and more sites via my Tablet or Mobile devices.

Keep up the gread work.

Cheers cwsoft

Account inactive since 2018/11/17.

#7 24.05.2016 13:19:25

rjgamer
Developer

I'm not happy because for the page list, WB dont have any template file  sad

Check: admin\pages\page_tree\page_tree.php

Is there any fix coming?

Media admin page done, here is the last screenshot:

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (30.05.2016 21:37:17)

#8 24.05.2016 16:05:00

cwsoft
Mitglied

Well the page tree has an inline PHP template (page_tree.php lines 143-255)

#9 24.05.2016 18:31:25

rjgamer
Developer

Yes I know. But how can I change it with my own template? Any workaround or ugly cms core replacement?

#10 24.05.2016 21:20:24

cwsoft
Mitglied

@rjgamer: For testing purposes a quick fix (aka ugly core replacement):

Replace this code line in WBCE with the following code:

[== PHP ==]
// include page_tree from admin theme or core
$page_tree_source = THEME_PATH . '/templates/page_tree/page_tree.php';
$page_tree_source = file_exists($page_tree_source) ? $page_tree_source : __DIR__ . '/page_tree/page_tree.php';
require_once($page_tree_source);

Better solution would be to adapt the method correct_theme_source of class /framework/class.wb.php and to move the page_tree folder into the folder of the backend theme so it is treated similar to the other htt template files.

Cheers

Beitrag geändert von cwsoft (24.05.2016 21:27:33)

#11 24.05.2016 22:00:10

rjgamer
Developer

Thx. Will do that. Are you planing to fix it in v1.2?

#12 25.05.2016 09:40:24

rjgamer
Developer

I give up after checking the horrible spaghetti code of the admin core of WB(CE). The admin core is to unfexible for dynamical modern templates like argos said a few years ago. Everything has to get fixed with JS workarounds and ugly core hacks like written appove for page list.

WB(CE) isn't ready yet for creating great backend templates. I will wait until WB(CE) has arrived a modern standard for backend templating and/or has optimized the page tree part for backend templates of the admin core.

I know it is difficult to create a template solution for the admin core and other stuff has to get done too.

Sorry...  cry cry

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (25.05.2016 09:43:49)

#13 25.05.2016 09:53:07

cwsoft
Mitglied

@rjgamer: The core hasn't much changed with respect to backend themes since you've created the Responsive Theme a year back or so. Guess backend theme will be part of a future WBCE 2.x release together with some other core changes.

#14 25.05.2016 10:31:21

florian
Administrator

@rjgamer: Well, that's pretty sad that you stop developing. Maybe you should have asked about our further development ideas first here in the forum. We would appreciate your help in creating BE templates, but please stop blaming WBCE in the way you're currently do.

Beitrag geändert von florian (25.05.2016 10:31:55)

#15 25.05.2016 10:53:03

rjgamer
Developer

I don't blame WBCE, only the WB devs but this is an other story. I've said that the current state of the admin core is old school and has to get rewritten.

Keep the peace here.  thumb_up

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (25.05.2016 10:53:42)

#16 25.05.2016 11:12:01

cwsoft
Mitglied

@rjgamer: I wouldn't blame anyone tongue

Original WB code was written by a 15 year old guy back in 2004/2005 as a high school project. At this time we still had a mix of PHP 3 and PHP4 around and PHP5 was not on the horizon either. Next 5-8 years a lot of guys - including myself for WB 2.6.5 and WB 2.7 - added features and fixes to the core without really touching what you call "horrible spaghetti code" as you would open a big box with lot's of surprises.

Internal code clean up is on the list of all WB derivates like WB, WBCE, BlackCat, Lepton. However all of the projects have only 1-2 core developers to bring this huge work forward. Another thing is that if you really clean up as needed, you will break some old modules or templates too. And we all know that a CMS without working Addons has a very hard stand in the market and doesn't attrack customers or developers.

So it is important that you still support WBCE e.g. with ideas of how backend themes etc. could be modularized or re-organised with a future WBCE 2.x version. Again keep up your good work and stay tuned.

Cheers cwsoft

#17 25.05.2016 11:54:51

rjgamer
Developer

Thx a lot for your description. It was nice to hear something about the history.

Do you start with the development of V2 when V1.2 is released?

Or where can I find a roadmap of WBCE? I think WB will get a lot more interested devs and users when the CMS will be rewritten with the same simple and successful concept of WB.

#18 25.05.2016 15:33:20

rjgamer
Developer

Actually I cannot stop big_smile It is like leaving a child alone smile

I will start to create a Javascript workaround for the page tree without changing the WBCE core. But first, here are two new screenshots:

Next I will finalize the adminpages for addons and then start to create the adminpages for pages (biggest part). Dashboard (start page) and media adminpages are allready done!

rjgamer

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (30.05.2016 21:38:16)

#19 25.05.2016 15:43:57

florian
Administrator

thumb_up

#20 25.05.2016 20:03:29

rjgamer
Developer

Does it makes sense when I start to rewrite the admin core only in /admin for v1.2 or maybe v1.3? Switching from htt to php files, optimize the core and vars replacement.

And please, I know I asked it a few months ago, please think about a styling framework like Bootstrap or simple standards how to style the modify.php to get the same user experience in the admin core and modules. Actually every module looks different and dont matches the backend template styles. Some modules are looking really awful or like the 90ies  neutral I dont want to hurt anybody, its only my opinion as a web designer.  ops

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (25.05.2016 20:08:35)

#21 26.05.2016 15:51:31

rjgamer
Developer

Addon adminpages finalized, here are the screenshots:

Next step: Page adminpages

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (30.05.2016 21:40:40)

#22 27.05.2016 11:02:11

rjgamer
Developer

Official name for the template: Fraggy Backend Template

Here are the last screenshot of my current work:
Pages adminpage (wip)

Have a nice weekend. I hope I can publish the first alpha version next week because after that week I will have holidays for two weeks.

Additional info: The backend template will be 100% mobile-responsiv and usable for smartphones and tablets. Except for most of the modules because of non-bootstrap-styled content. But I will do my best to get the best user experience as possible...

Best regards,
rjgamer

Beitrag geändert von rjgamer (30.05.2016 21:41:29)

#23 27.05.2016 14:46:26

jambo
Mitglied

Great Work  smile  smile  smile

Just some general (! not tot he actual work which is famous of course!) words to Backend Design:

I had a closer look to the backend-theme two years ago at old WB myself. To realize a modern and flexible backend-theme which is future-proofed the basic php-code indeed needs to be re-organized/re-written. And this indeed needs to be done together with the development team. But Together with an engaged backend-designer it is not too much work for the developers. Here are some ideas to realize it:

(1) Separate Content and HTML-Structure from PHP-Output

First and most important step! At the moment a lot of of the backend-pages are hard code in php. Content, html-structures and php-variables are mixed together.

The way is to reduce the php code. You only need to pass all the needed (or allowed) Links and variables to an array which is prepared to the called page. (Content itself is stored in the language-files.) That reduces the work for the the php-developers to a minimum. You only will have to organize the variables in two arrays. One which wich ist prepared to every page (with menu-links etc.) and another with content which is avaiable on a special page only.

The main work has to be done by the Backend-Designer, who has to put the variables (from the arrays,) the content (from langauge files) together in a html-structure stored in the htt-files.

This does NOT affect the modules! They are separated in div's and work with own design structure.

(2) GUI-Descritption

But indeed this does not solve the problem, that the design-structure of the old modules are not reponsive.

The first step to solve this ist to define typical design-elements with a html/css/js-structure which could be used by the modules and document and describe them in an official WBCE-GUI ...

Only on this base the modules can be changed and prepared to a unique look.

(3) Make it official

This Backend-Theme should become official status for WBCE. If you whant to change/re-create the backend-theme you can do this by using official html-strucutre fort he elements and just changing the CSS and maybe (if needed) adding some JS.

A little thinking on Bootstrap:

For myself I think, that Bootstrap is a great framework. It saves time an make it possible to develop on standards. But I am not quite sure if Bootstrap would be the best choice for a backend of WBCE:

BS is a very big Framework with a huge overhead. So you have three layers: Bootstrap, adaptions to WBCE-Backend, Adaptions to the modules ... In practical use every layer overwrites some things from the layer above ... This is on of the reason, why a lot of modern pages are so slow ... (but this is another discussion)

Huge Overhead once more: Not even 50 percent of bootstrap are needed fo the Backend-Theme.

Not everyone who would like to develop a module would like to learn bootstrap.

Every Bootstrap  Version is outdated after some years (the acutal Bootstrap ist outdated cause the next version is on the way ...) So for an actual Design ... in some years you will rewrite the backend ... you will use the new modern version of Bootstrap ... class-names and html-structure changes (because classes in Bootstrap changes) ... after you changed the Backend to the actual Bootstrap-Version ... the modules needs to be changed ... only because the class-names and html-structures changed.

So I for myself think: keep it simple. Don't do an official Backend in an big framework. For an official WBCE Framework: Do it with own wbce-classes and html-structures ... you only need a handfull of them.

Just my two cent.
And at all: I am deep impressed of the constant work on htis project.
Very good. Very good.

Best regards
Jamboo

#24 28.05.2016 11:50:49

rjgamer
Developer

Hi,

thank you for your words!

I've an other opion about styling framework like to Bootstrap for web solutions like WBCE. Most of the frameworks have for their current version a long term support like Bootstrap for V3. Other and more successful CMS like ProcessWire are using Bootstrap and updating it when they release a new major version (e.g. V1 to V2). So every module dev has to update his module for the new major version - but mostly not for some output fixes and more of often because the core functionality had some changes.

I'm willed to follow the design guidelines of the WBCE devs for backend templates, but actually there aren't any standards or guidelines. So I've chosen Bootstrap as my own backend standard for Fraggy Backend Template and I'm open to work with the dev to optimize the admin core of WBCE.

rjgamer

#25 28.05.2016 15:24:05

jambo
Mitglied

@rgjammer
First at all and this is important for me to say: my thoughts did not affect your engagement. I think that is great. And about using Bootstrap or any other framework decides every developer on his personal projects on his own. One more: the engagement is pretty good smile smile smile

My thoughts are more general how to solve the problem official and to make WBCE future-proofed for a longer time. And let me express it once more: Bootstrap is an important framework which is (one) right way in webdevelopment. So the following text is not an arguing against Bootstrap or your engagement but more a general thinking looking for a stratgic way to develop WBCE.

@all

Most of the frameworks have for their current version a long term support like Bootstrap for V3. Other and more successful CMS like ProcessWire are using Bootstrap

Yes that is right. But that systems are in another (stronger) situation: they have a strong and (more) active devolper-community which helps to update the modules. (That's just a question of the number of supporters.) So they are in a stronger position and can change the base an the the effect is as reported:

So every module dev has to update his module for the new major version

WBCE (founding on old WB) is in a general different situation yet. The truth is a daily fight for very old modules ... older than any lontgtime-support of such a framework last. On this perspective it is not the best way to organize things more complicate or with pressure to change modules every three or four years more than it could be necessary. (The pressure to update for changing php in htis situation is pressure enough.)

And please think about this: not every module-author is willing to learn bootstrap also it is a very good standard for Webdesign ... this is another hurdle which wolud not be necessary when you are looking for more authors and supporters.

I'm willed to follow the design guidelines of the WBCE devs for backend templates, but actually there aren't any standards or guidelines.

Yes indeed. That is true. And my thoughts had been about a way to how to create standards ... And head up:

(1) This standard should be worked out by the designer who creates an / or reworks the official backend theme (in communication with the dev team off course) ...

(2) The standard maybe should create a basic html-/css-class strucuture and a basic css-design. Example

[== Undefiniert ==]
<div class"wbce-module-submenu">
   <ul class="wbce-module-button-bar">
      <li>Submenu-Button</li>
      <li>Submenu-Button</li>
      <li>Submenu-Button</li>
   </ul>
</div>

On this base every module author can include a button bar on the defined classes ... and does not need to write his own css. And if anyone like to change the design he only needs to rework the design-part of the css based on the given classes.

And the GUI is more important a list of html-structures and class-names for typical elements used in modules than a description of colors and spaces wink

Advantage: that is work ... of course ... but at the end everyone who creates a backend theme has to doe this work on his own but if you do this once you only nee a handfull html-structures and design-classes ...

@rgjammer
Once more: this was no arguing aggainst your engagement ... but a suggestion for a possible general way ... and maybe you ... or someone else ... is interested to to this together with the dev team ... just a chance to talk about this wink

Best regards
Jamboo

Fußzeile des Forums

up