WBCE CMS Forum

WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 05.04.2018 19:56:15

digitalbricks
Mitglied

Bakery 1.84 – Patch manually

Hello WBCE community,

as florian stated in https://forum.wbce.org/viewtopic.php?id=2008, concerning the vulnerability in Bakery versions below 1.84, there is a way to patch existing installations manually.

Does anybody have a hint for me, which files have to be exchanged? florian also stated, that it's not hard to find the changes which have to be applied – but I don't want to (as long i don't have to) DIFF over all the files to see which lines have changed. So anyone out there having patched Bakery manually and knowing what to do?

Of course, i could send florian a private message or an email in order to ask this questions – but I assume, that I am not the only one who would be grateful about some more detailed info how to do a Bakery patch by hand.

Thanks in advance and kind regards
André

#2 06.04.2018 06:31:41

florian
Administrator

Re: Bakery 1.84 – Patch manually

I did not give a detailled patch manual by intention to make it at least a little bit harder to exploit it. Alright, it's again the security by obscurity thing, but I'm sure some Bakery users were not pleased if I (or other users) would have given immediately a full disclosure either.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 06.04.2018 08:19:37

digitalbricks
Mitglied

Re: Bakery 1.84 – Patch manually

Yes, good point!

Fußzeile des Forums

up