WBCE CMS – Way Better Content Editing.

Du bist nicht angemeldet.

#1 10.09.2021 15:55:18

losttrip
Mitglied

News with Images - Order By differences

WBCE Version: 1.5.0
News with Images 5.0.7

I "think" I understand some of the "Order By" functions, but am not sure of others.  Maybe someone could clarify these.

Custom = posts appear as they are manually arranged in the backend
Start Date = posts appear in descending order by the date set in the Start Date dialogue.  Is this the same as "published when" date?
End Date = posts appear in descending order by the date set in the End Date dialogue.
Submitted = the actual date the post was created, regardless of the Start Date (published when date?).
Submission ID = I do not know what this is, how it can be used, or how it differs from "Submitted".

Thank you.

#2 11.09.2021 08:25:46

florian
Administrator

Re: News with Images - Order By differences

It's exactly as you described.
Actually I'm now wondering too how Submission ID could be used since there can't be any order difference to the submitted date afaik.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

Liked by:

losttrip

#3 13.09.2021 10:54:09

webbird
Administrator

I left this option, although I also had no idea how there could be a difference between sorting by date and sorting by ID.  big_smile Just in case...

Ich habe eine Amazon-Wishlist. wink Oder spende an das Projekt.
Ich kann, wenn ich will, aber wer will, dass ich muss, kann mich mal

Liked by:

losttrip

#4 13.09.2021 12:54:49

losttrip
Mitglied

Thank you both for clarifying.

Upon further thinking...
I guess, order by Submission ID would allow you to display a listing of every x posts (e.g. every second or third, or odd or even).  Not sure when that would be useful, but there may be cases.
Upon even more thinking, this would involve custom coding, and so simply selecting it as the "Order By" mode, would not achieve this.  Oh well.

Beitrag geändert von losttrip (13.09.2021 17:25:09)

Fußzeile des Forums

up