#1 14.11.2021 04:51:06

losttrip
Mitglied

HTML5 Head & OneForAll - meta Title and Description

WBCE Version: 1.5.0
PHP Version: 7.4.25
OFA: 1.1.6
HTML5 Head: 0.2

I was trying to get simplepagehead to show the item title and description of my derived OneForAll pages.  Upon searching for help in the forum, I found this thread - https://forum.wbce.org/viewtopic.php?pid=30503#p30503

Thank you for this html5 Head module.  I must be doing something wrong.  All derived OneForAll "details" pages show the same main page meta title and meta description, not their unique item meta tag info.  This was the same for simplepagehead, but I read this module recognized OneForAll detailed page info, so I was hopeful.

This is my customized call:
<?php html5head('ps', '|', 0, 2, 0, 0, 1); ?>

but the same results when I used the default:
<?php html5head(); ?>

Does this module require "Field meta description" be enabled in OneForAll General Settings?
The description in General Settings of OFA for this option is confusing to me:

Show an additional field for the meta description on the modify item page. This will only take effect if item detail pages are enabled. For SEO optimization use module HTML5Head or SimplePageHead to insert item title and a meta description into the html head of every item detail page.

On one hand it sounds like it is suggesting enabling this feature, but then the second sentence appears to be suggesting using html5head or simplepagehead will take care of inserting the item title and meta description - so enabling "Field meta description" is not required/recommended.  Can someone please clarify.

Thank you for your time.

#2 14.11.2021 07:55:10

florian
Administrator

Re: HTML5 Head & OneForAll - meta Title and Description

The html5head module *should* find OfA and OfA derivates by itself,  but actually, it does not unfortunately. So you have to customize the htm5head module manually.
Find in the /modules/html5head/include.php the part titled with

// ******************
		//   CONFIGURATION
		// ******************

and add there, according to the other entries, a new line like

$module['oneforall'] = array('mod_oneforall_items', 'item_id', 'title', 'description', '');

If the module's name is changed, "oneforall" has to replaced, for example

$module['wohnungen'] = array('mod_wohnungen_items', 'item_id', 'title', 'description', '');

To add an individual description tag to the output, the additional meta description field has to be enabled, otherwise the "description" column in the mod_oneforall_items table is empty.

Code allein macht nicht glücklich. Jetzt spenden!

#3 14.11.2021 08:20:59

losttrip
Mitglied

So, is there any benefit to using this html5 head snippet over the core simplepagehead?  Can I not just add the same custom configuration line for OneForAll modules in the simplepagehead include.php?

#4 14.11.2021 08:23:16

florian
Administrator

Yes, you can apply that change to simplepagehead instead.

#5 14.11.2021 19:30:58

florian
Administrator

Update: freesbee just sent me a fixed version of html5head, in which the bug is fixed an OfA / OfA derivates are recognized automatically.
The version 0.3 is available for download in the AOR.

Beitrag geändert von florian (14.11.2021 19:31:21)

Liked by:

losttrip

#6 15.11.2021 03:12:51

losttrip
Mitglied

Thank you Florian, and thank you freesbee for the quick fix.

Fußzeile des Forums

up